Connect with us

News

Train Attack: 200 Passengers Now Safe, 22 Missing, Says NRC

Published

on

The Nigerian Railway Corporation has said that 200 passengers who boarded the AK9 Abuja-Kaduna train that was attacked by terrorists on Monday, March 28, 2022, are currently safe in their various homes.

It, however, stated that the number of missing passengers had increased to 22, while the phone numbers of 145 others were either switched off, not responding, or unanswered when called.

NRC’s Managing Director, Fidet Okhiria, who disclosed this in a statement he issued on Sunday night, also stated that two coaches of the bombed train had been moved to the Rigasa Station.

He said, “Of the 362 validated passengers on board the attacked AK9 train service on March 28, 2022, 186 persons on the manifest are confirmed to be safe and at their various homes (additional 14 persons confirmed safe today).

“51 phone numbers on the manifest are either switched off or not reachable since Tuesday morning. 35 phone numbers on the manifest are ringing but no response from the other end.

“60 phone numbers on the manifest when called, response (was) non-existent. 22 persons are reported missing by their relatives. Eight persons confirmed dead.”

Okhiria said coaches SP00016 and SP00017 earlier re-railed were safely moved to the Rigasa Station.

“This brings the total number of recovered coaches and safely moved to NRC stations to seven. Intensive work continues on track repairs,” he stated.

The NRC boos added, “More concrete sleepers were moved to the site, while some section of twisted tracks has been straightened.”

He said the NRC would continue to update the general public on developments to prevent misleading information and falsehood.

Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your e-mail address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Advert banner

Recent Posts

Trending