News
‘Don’t Let Our Lives Get Wasted’, Another Kidnapped Oyo Teacher Cries Out In Video
Another abducted teacher from Community High School, Ahoro-Dada in the Ahoro area of Oriire Local Government, Oyo State, has cried out from captivity, pleading with the Federal Government, Oyo State Government, religious bodies and Nigerians to urgently intervene before the victims are killed by their abductors.
The emotional appeal was contained in a video obtained by OSUN DEFENDER on Monday, coming barely hours after bandits reportedly beheaded one of the kidnapped teachers, Michael Oyedokun.
In the new video, one of the victims, identified as Temitope Aberin, a middle-aged woman with a baby strapped to her back, who said she is from Ibadan and works with First Baptist Church, Ogbomoso, Yawata Area, appealed passionately for help, saying both teachers and pupils abducted from the school were still being held captive in harsh conditions.
According to her, the abductors invaded the school and whisked away teachers alongside children, leaving the victims traumatised and uncertain of their fate.
“My name is Temitope Aberin. I’m from Ibadan. I’m working at First Baptist Church, Ogbomoso Yawata Area. Yesterday, some people came to our school and we were kidnapped, both the teachers and the children.
“We are all here. We need help from Federal Government and the state government. Both the church, First Baptist Church Yawata and the community, we need your help so that these people will release us.
“Tinubu please help us. Help us our State government, Engr Seyi Makinde and the Nigerian Christians. Please help us. The children are here and they are crying so that they will not waste our lives. Please help us. We need your help. Don’t neglect us,” he pleaded tearfully in the video.
The latest video has heightened fears over the safety of the remaining captives following the gruesome killing of Oyedokun, who was reportedly beheaded by the abductors in another viral video released on Sunday.
Confirming the killing earlier on Monday, the Special Adviser on Media to Governor Seyi Makinde, Dr. Sulaimon Olanrewaju, said the state government was exploring both kinetic and non-kinetic strategies to secure the release of the remaining victims.
Olanrewaju disclosed that seven teachers were abducted in the incident and that about six suspects linked to the crime had so far been arrested.
He also sympathised with the families of security operatives, including soldiers, Amotekun Corps personnel and local vigilantes, who reportedly lost their lives during rescue operations after encountering Improvised Explosive Devices allegedly planted by the kidnappers.
The governor’s aide assured residents that the government would continue efforts to rescue the victims and reunite them with their families.
-
News5 days agoOsun: University Of Ilesa Gets Fully Furnished Moot Court Facility
-
News3 days agoOsogbo Living Spring Lions Club Urges Govt To Intensify Eye Health Awareness, Sponsors Cataract Surgeries In Osun
-
News5 days agoEmbrace Education As Tool For Character Formation Rather Than Mere Certification- Prof Ali Charges Universities
-
News4 days agoFADOJOE Celebrates NRM National Chairman, Chinedu Obi, on 61st Birthday
