Some Ibadan chiefs on Monday held a meeting at the home of the Otun Olubadan of Ibadanland, Chief Lekan Balogun, who is expected to become the new Olubadan following the demise of the occupier of the stool, Oba Saliu Adetunji.
The chiefs, who met at the Ali Iwo home of High Chief Balogun on Monday afternoon, included the Osi Balogun of Ibadanland, High Chief Abdulateef Gbadamosi Adebimpe; the Balogun of Ibadanland, High Chief Owolabi Olakuleyin; the Asipa Olubadan, High Chief Eddy Oyewole; the Ekarun Olubadan, High Chief Amidu Ajibade, among others.
Though details of the closed-door meeting were not disclosed as of the time of this report, it was learnt that the chiefs met over the next line of action following the demise of Oba Adetunji on Sunday, January 2.
The Olubadan in-waiting, Lekan Balogun, as he is fondly called, represented Oyo Central senatorial district between 1999 and 2003.
Balogun, who was promoted from Mogaji to Ajia Olubadan a few decades ago, had earlier worked as a lecturer at Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria in Kaduna State.
Balogun’s younger brother, Dr. Muhammed Kola Balogun is currently representing Oyo South Senatorial District in the National Assembly.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun Guber, Presidential Elections Will Be An Easy Win For PDP- Osun ASO Coordinator
- Osun 2022: Former Adeleke Running Mate, Factional Chair, Ex-lawmakers, Other PDP Chieftains Defect To APC
- Ilado Chieftaincy Tussle: Call Deji Of Akure To Order, Ondo Traditional Rulers, Olus Tells Akeredolu
- Cocoa Merchant, Adeniji, Decries Dwindling Production Of Cocoa In Nigeria, Proffers Solutions
- JUST IN: Tinubu’s Certificate Controversy Avoidable If INEC Had Functional Server – Uzodimma
News5 days ago
Oyetola Reappoints Four Commissioners After Losing National Assembly Tickets
News3 days ago
Make Yourself Relevant In All Spheres Of Life, Osun NULGE President Charges Members
News5 days ago
Top Nigerian Newspaper’s Columnist, Olagunju Donates Borehole To Home Town To Mark Father’s Day
Opinion4 days ago
Of Osun APC, PDP’s Campaign Outcome By Isaac Olusesi