There is pandemonium as gunmen invaded schools in Onitsha and some parts of the Idemili area of Anambra State, chasing students out of the classrooms.
The gunmen were said to also invade markets and public places to chase people away.
It was gathered that the gunmen claimed that people should go home saying today is “Biafra Day”.
Every May 30 is set aside yearly to celebrate Biafra Day but this year’s edition coincided with the Monday sit-at-home which was observed yesterday.
Already, there were fears among the people earlier in the day about whether to go out or not and some of the people who stepped out have started returning to their various houses.
It was also gathered that there are heavy shootings between security agencies and the gunmen in the Idemili area.
The police spokesman in the state, Tochukwu Ikenga, did not pick up his calls for confirmation as students and some traders have returned home.
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime1 day ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News3 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News2 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News2 days ago
New Wage Commences In April As FG Approves N24tn For Salaries