The Federal High Court sitting in Abuja Tuesday admitted a former Governor of Imo State and APC Presidential Aspirant, Rochas Okorocha to bail in the sum of N500 million and a surety in like sum.
The Federal Government had on Monday arraigned Okorocha before the court on 17 counts bordering on alleged fraud to the tune of N2.9 billion.
The Court, however, ordered Okorocha to remain in the custody of the EFCC until he perfect the conditions attached to his bail.
Trial Judge, Justice Inyang Ekwo also admitted to bail, Okorocha’s co-accused, Anyim Nyerere.
In the case of Nyerere, the court ordered that he should continue on the administrative bail granted him by EFCC, for exhibiting good conduct while on bail.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Gunmen Kidnap Plateau Village Head’s Wife, Kill Son
- Insecurity: Matawalle Launches Community Protection Guards In Zamfara
- PDP Faults Planned BRT Fare Hike In Lagos, Wants Reversal
- Guber Poll: Osun PDP Gives Police 24-hour Ultimatum To Release Arrested Members
- Nigeria Lacks Selfless, Charitable Leaders — Senator Shettima
News3 days ago
Bandits Overpowering Us In Oyo Forests, Vigilante Group Raises Alarm
News5 days ago
Osun 2022: APC HoR Candidate Empowers Over 2000 Constituents, Seeks Support For Oyetola’s Re-election
News5 days ago
Osun 2022: Former Adeleke Running Mate, Factional Chair, Ex-lawmakers, Other PDP Chieftains Defect To APC
News4 days ago
Osun 2022: Adeleke Family Denies Alleged Negotiation With APC Presidential Candidate, Tinubu