Tension and apprehension have gripped residence of Ile-Ife in Osun state as Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, ordered restriction of movement from 11pm to 5am over persistent robbery on communities.
Chiefs and kingmakers who are concerned about the case of robbery in some communities, met on Saturday and came to the conclusion that restriction should be announced.
A statement by Lowa Adimula of Ile-Ife, Abraham Adekola, on Saturday evening, said the Ooni who was not at home during the meeting has given his support to the restriction order.
“The decision to order lockdown was arrived at after the kingmakers with other chiefs held a meeting and the Ooni Ogunwusi who was not around, authenticated the order.
“No vigil, night party, night prayers in all churches and mosques, etc would be allowed.
“This is because robbers and bandits presence in Ile-Ife is on high which is causing the community sleepless nights.”
The statement further explained that the local securities have been deployed to the town to ensure security, warning that anybody caught within the stipulated hours would face the music.”
The restriction which started on Saturday night would continue till further notice.
- IDF Congratulates Apetumodu On His Elevation As Vice-chairman, Osun Traditional Council
- UK Government Begins Plan To Ban Foreign Students To Curb Rising Migration Numbers
- Osun Police Arrest Two Men For Posting Fake Voice Note On WhatsApp
- Nigeria’s First Surveyor-General, Omoigui, Is Dead
- Osun Deputy Gov Urges Indigenes In Diaspora To Invest, Establish Business In Their Hometowns
News3 days ago
List Of Coordinators For Osun PCC Grassroots Engagement And Orientation Committee
Crime4 days ago
Mummy G.O Arrested For Providing Church Members’ Information To Kidnappers
News5 days ago
Just In: Osun APC Chairman, Famodun Becomes New Owa Of Igbajoland
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Buhari Unveils New Naira Notes