Tension and apprehension have gripped residence of Ile-Ife in Osun state as Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, ordered restriction of movement from 11pm to 5am over persistent robbery on communities.
Chiefs and kingmakers who are concerned about the case of robbery in some communities, met on Saturday and came to the conclusion that restriction should be announced.
A statement by Lowa Adimula of Ile-Ife, Abraham Adekola, on Saturday evening, said the Ooni who was not at home during the meeting has given his support to the restriction order.
“The decision to order lockdown was arrived at after the kingmakers with other chiefs held a meeting and the Ooni Ogunwusi who was not around, authenticated the order.
“No vigil, night party, night prayers in all churches and mosques, etc would be allowed.
“This is because robbers and bandits presence in Ile-Ife is on high which is causing the community sleepless nights.”
The statement further explained that the local securities have been deployed to the town to ensure security, warning that anybody caught within the stipulated hours would face the music.”
The restriction which started on Saturday night would continue till further notice.
- Just In: Nigeria’s Anti-graft Agency, EFCC Arrests Accountant-General, Idris Over N80billion Fraud
- One Good Turn Deserves Another- Prince Layade Eulogises Gov Oyetola, Canvasses For His Re-election
- Blasphemy: Tambuwal Relaxes Curfew In Sokoto
- Breaking: Police Commission Promotes Ex-EFCC Boss, Magu To AIG
- Court Remands 3 For Allegedly Stealing Owa Obokun Palace’s Transformer Cable
Entertainment5 days ago
Just In: Veteran Actor, Gbenga Richards Is Dead
News5 days ago
Osun ALGON Chair, Samuel Idowu Abiodun Extols Wife On 60th Birthday, Retirement
News3 days ago
News4 days ago
2023: Osinbajo Garners More Support In Nasarawa, As Governor, Emir Of Lafia Describe Him As The Best Among Aspirants