Federal High Court in Abuja has rejected the application for bail filed by suspended Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Abba Kyari and Assistant Commissioner of Police, Sunday J. Ubua.
They are charged with five others in relation to offences of unlawful drug dealings.
Justice Emeka Nwite, in a ruling on Monday morning, held that the prosecution has placed sufficient materials before the court to warrant the refusal of bail to both senior police officers.
Instead, Justice Nwite granted an accelerated hearing of the case.
The judge is reading his ruling on the bail applications by the 4th and 5th defendants – Inspector Simon Agirgba; Inspector, John Nuhu.
- Just In: Nigeria’s Anti-graft Agency, EFCC Arrests Accountant-General, Idris Over N80billion Fraud
- One Good Turn Deserves Another- Prince Layade Eulogises Gov Oyetola, Canvasses For His Re-election
- Blasphemy: Tambuwal Relaxes Curfew In Sokoto
- Breaking: Police Commission Promotes Ex-EFCC Boss, Magu To AIG
- Court Remands 3 For Allegedly Stealing Owa Obokun Palace’s Transformer Cable
News5 days ago
Osun ALGON congratulates Chairman’s Spouse, Deaconess Comfort Abiodun On Her 60th Birthday, Successful Retirement
Entertainment4 days ago
Just In: Veteran Actor, Gbenga Richards Is Dead
News5 days ago
Osun ALGON Chair, Samuel Idowu Abiodun Extols Wife On 60th Birthday, Retirement
News2 days ago
Funfair As Osun ALGON Chairman’s Wife, Mrs Comfort Abiodun Bows Out Of Service, Celebrates 60th Birthday