Osun state government, on Monday, announced the appointment of Prince Adegboyega Famodun as the new Owa of Igbajo in Boluwaduro Local Government Area of the state.
This was announced in a statement made available to newsmen by the Commissioner for Information and Civic Orientation, Funke Egbemode, after Monday’s State Executive Council meeting.
Recall that the stool of Owa of Igbajo became vacant following the death of Oba Olufemi Fasade on 23rd December 2020.
Prince Famodun was unanimously selected as the sole candidate of the Owa Oke-Ode Ruling House in a meeting held on 11th November 2022.
Until his appointment as the Owa-elect, Prince Adegboyega Famodun, a consummate politician, was the Chairman of the All Progressives Congress (APC) in Osun state.
His appointment takes immediate effect.
- Police Arrest Man For killing Mother, Sister In Enugu
- 35-Yr-Old Man In Police Custody For Attempting To Kill Wife With Pestle
- Ex-Sierra Leone President Under House Arrest Amid Coup Investigation
- JUST-IN: Senate Donates N109m December salary To Kaduna Bombing Victims
- Katsina Gov Joins Security Forces To Foil Bandits Attack, Rescue Kidnap Victim
News5 days ago
All Set For 2023 Akoraye Day In Modakeke
News4 days ago
Ifon/Ilobu Crisis: Ilobu Residents Raise Alarm Over Alleged Invasion, Destruction Of Farmland By Hoodlums
News5 days ago
Ago Owu Farmers Protest Alleged Invasion Of Farmland By Hoodlums, Herders (Video)
News2 days ago
JUST IN: Late Alaafin’s Son, Abdulfatai Is Dead