The Nigeria Police Force have dismissed an officer, PC Liyomo Okoi, with the force No. 524503 over a gross misconduct captured in a viral video
A video trended on social media platforms recently, captured the dismissed officer flogging a man with a machete.
A statement issued by the Force Public Relations Officer, CSP Olumuyiwa Adejobi, said the dismissal takes effect from today the 8th of August, 2022.
According to the statement, the Inspector-General of Police, IGP Usman Alkaki Baba also expressed disappointment at the reports of brutality and extortion leveled against some police officers via various complaint channels available to the public, particularly on social media platforms.
He said the IGP has directed all supervising Commissioners of Police and Tactical/Strategic Commanders to ensure strict supervision of their personnel as further incidences of this nature would be viewed strictly.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Police Launch Manhunt For Woman Who Stole 8-Day-Old Twin Baby From Hospital
- Osun Guber: We’re In Court To Deepen Our Democratic Values- Oyetola’s Aide
- NIGERIA@62: Cast Votes In Defence Of Good Governance In 2023, Makinde Tasks Nigerians
- Black Sunday: 7 People, Child, Die As Commercial Bus Catches Fire in Lagos
- Stop Expensive Burials, Help Those Alive – Fr. Gopep To Christian
Crime3 days ago
Police Arrest Late MKO Abiola’s Ex-Wife For Assaulting Policewoman
News3 days ago
Calabar Lawyer In Coma Days After Wife Died In Car Clash While Chasing Him and Sidechic
Health2 days ago
Details Of Female Lawyer Who Died Chasing Her Husband’s Side Chick Emerged As Side Chick Deactivates Social Media Accouts
Crime3 days ago
Police Arraign 2 Over Alleged Vandalization Of Transformer In Osun