The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) has arrested the Accountant-General of the Federation (AGF), Ahmed Idris, over N80billion fraud.
The EFCC spokesman Wilson Uwujaren confirmed his arrest in a statement issued on Monday evening.
He said Idris was arrested after failing to honour the commission’s invitations to respond to issues connected to the fraudulent act.
“Operatives of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on Monday, May 16, 2022, arrested serving Accountant General of the Federation, Mr. Ahmed Idris in connection with diversion of funds and money laundering activities to the tune of N80 billion( Eighty Billion Naira only),” Uwujaren’s statement read.
“The Commission’s verified intelligence showed that the AGF raked off the funds through bogus consultancies and other illegal activities using proxies, family members and close associates.”
According to the EFCC, the funds were laundered via real estate investments in Kano and Abuja.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Osun 2022: Ijesa Monarch Sues For Peace Among Political Parties In Ijesaland
- FULL LIST: Electoral Body, INEC Releases Names Of Presidential Candidates, Running Mates Ahead Of 2023 Elections
- Bandits May Take Over Some States Before 2023 – Prof. Abel
- Fish Out Attackers Of Gov Oyetola’s Convoy, APC Charges Security Agencies
- We’re Dying In Dubai, Arewa Girls Cry Out
News5 days ago
NBC Publication Director, Adelokoji is Dead
News3 days ago
Osun 2022: NURTW Chairman Alleges Threat To Life By Adeleke, PDP
News4 days ago
APC Presidential Primary: TSO Congratulates Tinubu, Buhari, Others, Describes Exercise As Victory For All
News3 days ago
Ortom: Why We Can’t Pay Benue Workers