The Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, has agreed to be the royal father during the maiden edition of the Yoruba Cultural Heritage Festival taking place in Chicago, United States of America in September.
The Yoruba Cultural Ambassador, Chief Lekan Alabi, said this during his visit to the Ooni’s Palace in Ile Ife on Saturday.
Alabi said that he was at the palace to inform the Ooni about the Yoruba Cultural Heritage Festival and Awards at which the traditional ruler would be the Royal Father of the day.
According to him, Oba Ogunwusi had earlier picked Sept. 6 to Sept 9 for the event , adding that the dates had already been publicised.
Also speaking, the festival’s coordinator, Mr. Wole Duro-Ladipo, said that he was very happy that the Ooni would be in Chicago for the event.
“We were clamouring that the Ooni should come and we are delighted that he had agreed to be with us from Sept. 6 to Sept. 9.
“Nigerians in Chicago, including the Mayor of Chicago, University of Chicago and Nigerians in United Kingdom are eagerly waiting to receive our revered Royal Father,” he said.
Get A Reliable POS For Your Business
- Anti-open Grazing Law Not To Witch-hunt Fulani Herdsmen-Osun Govt
- Police Parade Suspected Killers Of Modakeke Indigenes, Other suspects in Osun
- Fayemi, Akeredolu, Daniel, Obi Of Onitsha, Other Dignitaries To Attend Osun @ 30 Banquet, Awards Tomorrow
- World Tourism Day: Osun Govt Says State Culturally Blessed With Tourist Attractions
- I Will Report You To IGP, Delta Court Threatens Witness In Murder Case
News4 days ago
Angry Residents Attack Police Station In Sokoto, Kill 13 Detained Suspected Bandits
News3 days ago
Borrowing To Accumulate Debt For Next Generations Is Criminal – Obasanjo Tells Buhari Govt
News4 days ago
Obadiah Mailafia, Former CBN Deputy Gov Is Dead
News2 days ago
Heavy Security In Abia As Court Hears Nnamdi Kanu’s Suit Against FG Today