The Federal Government has declared Monday October 2 as a public holiday in commemoration of the 63rd independence celebration. The Minister of Interior, Dr Olubunmi Tunji-Ojo, made the declaration in Abuja on behalf of the government.
In a statement released, the Minister congratulated all Nigerians at home and in the Diaspora on the occasion.
He assured Nigerians of government’s continued commitment to tackling challenges facing the country.
“It is today a known fact that difficult Socio-Economic and Security challenges are global, and Nigeria is not isolated,” the Minister said in the statement signed by the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry Dr Oluwatoyin Akinlade
The Minister said that government is making efforts to confront the numerous challenges with all the might available until respite comes the way of the country.
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment