The Appeal Court has sacked Labour Party, LP’s Olukayode Doherty and declared the All Progressives Congress, APC’s Rauf Age-Suleiman as the winner of the Lagos State House of Assembly, Amuwo-Odofin II Constituency election.
According to Dailypost report, the court upheld an earlier ruling by the Election Petition Tribunal.
The tribunal had ordered the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) to present Sulaiman with the certificate of return as the winner of the election.
The court held that the Electoral Act 2022 does not allow a candidate to be declared winner if the candidate did not fully participate in the election process.
- Hardship: Pandemonium As Hoodlums Hijack Trucks, Steal Food Items
- Tragedy As Pregnant Housewife Pushes Husband To Death From Two-Storey Building
- MKO Rejoices With His Mentor, Prof. Afolabi On His 70th Birthday, Retirement
- Osun Monarch Kicks As Process To Appoint New Aaree Of Iree Begins
- JUST IN : Sunday Igboho Returns To Nigeria
Education3 days ago
Tragedy As OAU Loses Staff To Lion Attack
Sports5 days ago
5 Super Eagles Players That Won Nigerians’ Hearts During 2023 AFCON
News2 days ago
Osun: NUT Urges Transparency In Teachers’ Recruitment
News1 day ago
NMCN Registrar Explains Why Enrolment Of Nursing Students Increased To 68,000