By Victor Akinkuolie, Ado-Ekiti
Ekiti State Police Command has confirmed the arrest of four persons in connection with the bloody clash that broke out between traders and the officer of Amotekun.
The State Police Public Relations Officer (PPRO) Mr Sunday Abutu confirmed the incident and explained that four person have been arrested and investigation has commenced on the matter.
He disclosed that the arrested suspects who are currently detained at the homicide section of the command would be arraigned in a court as soon as investigation is completed.
Atikankan area of Ado-Ekiti, was earlier thrown into pandemonium following an alleged misunderstanding that broke out between members of the Hausa community and the officials of the Western Security Network code name Amotekun corps.
During the melee which lasted for two hours, one person was said to have died while several persons sustained various degree of injuries.
Atikankan area of Ado-Ekiti is predominantly dominated and occupied by the Hausa community.
It was reliably gathered that the Ekiti State Government has recently issued a direction through Ado local government to the Haisa’s occupying the Atikankan to vacate the area.
The government also provided a large expanse of land within Ado-Ekiti to relocate the people affected.
It was gathered that the Amotekun Corps, acting on the instruction of the government, had attempted to force the Hausa traders who are selling materials on the road side to relocate to market spaces provided by the government.
The development was resisted by the Hausa community which degenerated into a fracas.
An unconfirmed report said one member of the community was allegedly shot and was rushed to an unknown hospital by the Hausas where he was later confirmed dead by the doctors.
When our Correspondent visited the area, burn fires were on the road while men of the Nigeria Police Force had been drafted to the area to calm the situation.
As at the time of this report, peace has returned to the area.
When contacted the Commander of Amotekun Corps Brigadier Joe Komolafe, denied the report that anybody died in the incident.
He explained that his men were drafted to the area to maintain peace on the instruction of the State Government.
- Again, Abuja Residents Attack, Loot Truck Carrying Food Items
- Falana Tells Nigerians To Ask Tinubu If FG Still Pays Fuel Subsidy
- Two Suspected Witches Stoned, Burnt
- Inauguration Of $800M Geometric Power Plant: Forum Of South-East Academic Doctors Congratulates Prof Nnaji
- Tinubu Still Pays Massive Amount Monthly As Petrol Subsidy – Pinnacle Oil MD
Entertainment4 days ago
Breaking: Yoruba Nollywood Actor, Sisi Qadri Is Dead
News2 days ago
Ondo 2024: Battle For APC Delegates List Takes Centre Stage
News4 days ago
Osun: LGEA Chairperson, Babaniyi Charges Parents To Take Education Of Their Children Seriously
News3 days ago
Osun: Encomium As Sheri- Care Foundation Distributes Palliatives To Ilesa Residents