Breaking: Supreme Court Affirms Adeleke’s Victory As Osun State Governor
The Supreme Court on Tuesday May 9, 2023 affirmed Ademola Adeleke of the Peoples Democratic Party(PDP), as the validly elected Governor of Osun State.
The apex court, in its lead judgement delivered by Justice Emmanuel Agim, dismissed an appeal that was lodged against Adeleke’s election victory by the former governor of the state, Adegboyega Oyetola, who was the gubernatorial candidate of the All Progressives Congress, APC.
It held that though Oyetola alleged that Adeleke won through over-voting that occurred in 774 polling units in the state, he, however, failed to produce any Bimodal Voters Accreditation System, BVAS, a machine that was used in any of the polling units to prove his allegation.
- Subsidy Removal : FG, Labour To Meet June 19 On Implementation Framework
- Increase Workers Minimum Wage To N200,000 – TUC Tells FG
- NLC, TUC Suspends Planned Nationwide Strike
- Pastor To Die By Hanging For Killing Pregnant Choir Mistress
- Governor Adeleke Set To Commission Newly Completed Projects In Uniosun