Suspected political thugs, on Monday “invaded” the Magistrate court, venue of the Ogun State Governorship election petition Tribunal in Isabo, Abeokuta.
The thugs in their large number had come to support their political parties as the Tribunal began sitting.
Some of the thugs were seen holding canes as a minor clash broke out between supporters of two major political parties – the All Progressives Congress (APC) and the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP).
It took the intervention of fully armed security operatives, comprising the police, DSS and Civil Defense who dispersed the thugs before peace could be restored.
The security operatives also prevented political supporters from entering into the premises of the court.
The road leading to the court was also blocked preventing vehicular movement.
The thugs however re-converged on the road opposite the court premises, a development which sparked anxiety.
- Tribunal Affirms Delta Gov’s Election, Dismisses Omo-Agege’s Petition
- Anambra Police/ Transporters Declare War On Kidnappers, Cultists
- Anti-Graft War: EFCC Secures 5473 Convictions In 21 Months
- FAAC: FG, States & LGs Share N1. 1 Trillion In August
- Anxiety As Ogun Tribunal Delivers Judgement On Saturday
News3 days ago
JUST IN : NLC, TUC Declare Nationwide Strike
News23 hours ago
Osun Pensioners Praises Adeleke over payment Of June, 2016 Half Salary Arrears
News3 days ago
Just In: Court Declines To Stop Selection Process Of New Olufon
News4 days ago
Olojo Festival : Ooni Of Ife Begins 7-Day Seclusion