Thugs, suspected to be working for a political party, on Monday flog the Governorship aspirant of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Segun Showunmi at the Ogun State Election Tribunal in Abeokuta, the State capital.
The thugs, wielding canes descended on Showunmi while trying to gain access into the court premises and beat him.
The Tribunal began its inaugural sitting.
The Tribunal sitting commenced hearing of the petition filed by the PDP governorship candidate, Ladi Adebutu, against Dapo Abiodun of the All Progressives Congress (APC).
But, there was tension as political thugs in their large number, wielding canes “invaded” the Magistrate court, venue of the Ogun State Governorship election petition Tribunal in Isabo, Abeokuta.
Read Also:Pandemonium As Political Thugs ‘Invade’ Ogun Governorship Election Tribunal
Showunmi escaped by the whiskers as he was rescued in one the security vans.
Reacting to the incident, Showunmi said it was regrettable that, security operatives were helpless as the as they were being attacked.
“It is so unfortunate, the police looked on and felt unconcerned the thugs were carrying out their act.
“The thugs roamed about with canes in their hands, police made no attempt to arrest them or stop them from causing chaos”, Showunmi said.
Read Also:Stop Your Smear Campaign Against Ondo Deputy Governor, ADAPHAI Warns Group
- Kaduna Governorship Tribunal To Deliver Judgment Via Zoom, Dismisses Uba Sani’s Motion
- Hyacinth Alia: Laying Foundation For Bountiful Harvest In Benue By Bridget Ikyado
- 2024 Rankings : Top 15 Best Universities In Nigeria Emerges , See Lists
- Burkina Faso Detains Four Officers After Thwarted Coup
- Insecurity: Osun NSCDC Charges Officers On Proactive, Efficient Leadership