The Delta state governor, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, on Friday dissolved the state traditional rulers’ council led by Dr. Emmanuel Efeizomor 11, the Obi of Owa Kingdom.
This dissolution was contained in a government’s special announcement dated January 21, 2022, signed by the Secretary to the State Government (SSG), Chief Patrick Ukah.
According to the SSG, the dissolution was sequel to the expiration of the tenure of the Dr. Emmanuel Efeizomor II-led Council.
The statement read in part, “It’s hereby announced for the information of the general public, particularly the highly esteemed traditional rulers of Delta state and Deltans in general, that the governor of Delta state, Dr. Ifeanyi Okowa, has approved the dissolution of the Delta state Traditional Rulers Council.”
The SSG conveyed the gratitude of the governor and Deltans to members of the defunct Council for their “very impactful contributions to governance” during the period of their stewardship.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Foreign News3 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News3 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies
Crime3 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
News3 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai