Abubakar Alkali, a Flight Lieutenant of the Nigerian Air Force (NAF) has been identified as one of the officers killed when a military aircraft crashed in Kaduna State.
It was gathered that the training aircraft had two pilots on board when the incident occurred on Tuesday evening.
The aircraft, believed to be a Super Mushak, reportedly crashed within the NAF base while on a training mission.
A statement signed by one Alhaji Sule Dauda confirmed Alkali as one of the pilots onboard the ill-fated aircraft.
Dauda added that the deceased had already been buried according to Islamic rites at the NAF base Central Mosque in Kaduna.
It was learnt that the late Alkali recently received an award as the best international cadet from the Royal Air Force in Britain.
The latest development comes a few months after a NAF aircraft crashed in Kaduna.
The incident, which occurred in May 2021, involved a Beechcraft 350, and the aircraft crashed around the Kaduna international airport.
Ibrahim Attahiru, Chief of Army Staff, and 10 other military officers, who were on board when the plane crashed, were killed.
- APC Clears Ex-Brigadier General To Contest For Osun West Senatorial Seat
- Pastor Offers Scholarship To Deborah’s Siblings, Promises Parents Better Life
- BREAKING: Amaechi Finally Resigns From Buhari’s Cabinet, Attorney-General, Malami, Refuses To Leave On Deadline Day
- Blasphemy: Suspects Arrested Over Deborah’s Death Remanded In Prison
- Gunmen Engage Military In Late Night Shootout At 3-3 Estate, Onitsha
News5 days ago
Obokun/Oriade: Alubankudi Steps Down For Odofin
News4 days ago
Osun ALGON congratulates Chairman’s Spouse, Deaconess Comfort Abiodun On Her 60th Birthday, Successful Retirement
News5 days ago
NJC Bars Filing Of Same Suits In Different Courts
Entertainment4 days ago
Just In: Veteran Actor, Gbenga Richards Is Dead