The police in Ondo have charged Ogunseyi Akinfolarin, a former brother-in-law of the Ooni of Ife, Oba Adeyeye Ogunwusi, with forgery and illegal conversion of N26 million.
The accused is Naomi Silekunola’s brother, the former wife of the Ooni of Ife.
Akinfolarin was accused of forging the Atibiti Faaye family’s receipt for the acquisition of 32 parcels of land. He was charged with three counts of forgery and illegal conversion of money.
One of the charges read: “That you, Ogunseyi Akinfolarin, fraudulently convert the sum of N26m being proceeds of the sale of plots of land belonging to Atibuti Oni at Akure, Ondo State.”
According to the prosecution, the alleged offenses were committed in September 2019.
The alleged offenses are punishable under sections 467 and 390(8)(b) of the Criminal Code Cap 37 Vol 1 Laws of Ondo State 2006. Akinfolarin pleaded not guilty to the charges.
Prosecuting counsel DSP Osoobu Itunu told the court that the team is ready to open the case, adding that all witnesses are ready to testify.
Justice Yemi Fasanmi adjourned the case to January 9, 2023, for trial.
- Old Notes: House Committee Rejects CBN Extension, Threatens Emefiele’s Arrest
- Osun: How BVAS Exposed PDP’s Rigging Machine By Ismail Omipidan
- Breaking: CBN Bows To Pressure, Extends Naira Notes Swap Deadline
- Osun Tribunal Verdict: AGF Congratulates Oyetola, Asks Aggrieved PDP Members To Approach Appellate Court
- Naira Redesign: Your Process Is Inchoate, Puts Nigeria In Jeopardy, CSO Tells CBN
News4 days ago
Again, Gunmen Kidnap Mother, Child In Osun
News4 days ago
Osun: APC Senatorial Candidate, Tadese Escapes Assassination As Political Thugs Allegedly Attack Supporters
News2 days ago
Senator Asks Buhari To Declare State Of Emergency On Security In Osun
News5 days ago
2023 Poll: IPC Demands Bullet-Proof Vest For Journalists