Former Military President, General Ibrahim Badamasi Babangida has called on Nigerians to shun politicians and individuals who preach hate and disunity as the election campaigns heighten towards the 2023 polls.
General Babangida also tasked Nigerians to be patient with each other and continue to be prayerful.
While speaking to journalists during a meeting to commemorate his 81st birthday, General Babangida said that Nigerians should not give up hope over the challenges bedevilling the country saying that “this too shall pass”.
“I plead with us to be patient with one another and be prayerful. We need to continue to sensitize people on how to live in peace and harmony.
“Nigerians and indeed journalists must shun politicians and individuals who preach hate and disunity as the election campaigns heighten towards the 2023 general elections,” he said.
He urged Nigerians to continue to have faith in the unity of the country and remain resolute that Nigeria will get better.
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
- President Tinubu Didn’t Present Empty Budget Box Before NASS – Doguwa Clarifies
Crime1 day ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News3 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News2 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News2 days ago
New Wage Commences In April As FG Approves N24tn For Salaries