Muhammadu Iliyasu-Bashar, Emir of Gwandu in Kebbi on Friday expressed consternation at the collaboration between some leaders and title holders and bandits in the state.
Mr Iliyasu-Bashar, Chairman, Kebbi State Council of Emirs, expressed the shock at a weekly prayer session held at Abdullahi Fodio Palace, Birnin Kebbi.
The emirate organised the prayer sessions to seek divine intervention in all matters concerning peace, unity, well-being, growth and development of Nigeria.
The emir described the involvement of traditional title holders in banditry as worrisome and needed to be tackled head-on.
He appealed to Islamic leaders and Muslim faithfuls to intensify prayers for lasting peace and unity in the country, especially during the Ramadan period.
- Man, 36, Traffics Wife To Mali For Prostitution, sells 2-yr-old Son For N.6 m
- LAUTECH Announces Resumption Of Academic Activities
- Troops Kill Notorious Kingpin, Arrest Suspects, rescue victims in Akwa Ibom
- Osun First Lady Calls For Intensive Prayers For Nigeria
- Cubana Priets Joins Protesting Students
News4 days ago
Killers Of Deborah Samuel Will Not Smell Paradise- Sheikh Gumi
News3 days ago
I Will Win Osun Guber Election With Dollars, Pounds, Says Ademola Adeleke
News3 days ago
Oyetola’s Campaign Council Blasts Adeleke Over Brag To Win Guber Election With Dollars, Says Osun Not For Sale To Highest Bidder
News2 days ago
2023: Bobrisky’s ‘Presidential Poster’ Surfaces