The convoy of ex-President Goodluck Jonathan was involved in an accident on Wednesday evening, leading to the loss of his security aides.
Details of the incident are still sketchy, but it was gathered that the accident occurred while the Nigerian leader was heading for his Abuja residence from the Airport.
Jonathan’s media aide has confirmed the incident, saying a statement will be issued soon.
Commenting on the development, Former Vice President Atiku Abubakar said, “This story comes across with a rude shock. We thank God for sparing the life of President @GEJonathan. But it is heart wrenching that he lost two of his aides to the auto accident.
“I console the immediate families of the deceased as well as President Jonathan. May the souls of the departed Rest In Peace.”
- UNIOSUN Resumes For Second Semester
- ‘My Pedigree And Dexterity Will Bring Desirable Change To IBO Federal Consistency’- Kayode Oduoye
- OSPOLY Holds 7th Combined Convocation May 26
- Fresh Voter Registration Hits 9,238,991, Says INEC
- IPOB Is A Terrorist Group, Stop Members From Using Your Platform To Incite Hate, Violence, Buhari Government Tells Facebook
News3 days ago
Killers Of Deborah Samuel Will Not Smell Paradise- Sheikh Gumi
News4 days ago
Funfair As Osun ALGON Chairman’s Wife, Mrs Comfort Abiodun Bows Out Of Service, Celebrates 60th Birthday
News2 days ago
I Will Win Osun Guber Election With Dollars, Pounds, Says Ademola Adeleke
News2 days ago
Oyetola’s Campaign Council Blasts Adeleke Over Brag To Win Guber Election With Dollars, Says Osun Not For Sale To Highest Bidder