The Supreme Court has scheduled its decision for 12noon today in the appeal by the candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) in the last governorship election in Ondo State, Eyitayo Jegede against the victory of Oluwarotimi Akeredolu of the All Progrssives Congress (APC).
A seven-member panel of the Supreme Court, led by Justice Mary Peter-Odili chose the time for the court’s decision after taking final arguments a moment ago, from lawyers representing parties.
The main appeal, filed by Jegede and his party, are challenging the competence of APC’s sponsorship of Akeredolu for the election.
There are also three cross-appeals by the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), APC and Akeredolu.
- 2023: Emir Lauds Jack-Rich’s humanitarian Strides In Bauchi, Urges Politicians To Play Politics With Decorum
- Police Nab Ogun Teacher For Defiling 13-year-old Pupil
- 2023: Osun NNPP Disowns Ajadi, Says He Has No Name In The Party’s Register
- ‘I’m In This Race To The End’-House Of Rep Aspirant, Olateju Denies Stepping Down
- Electoral Body, INEC Deploys 10,269 Electoral Officers For Ekiti Governorship Election