Mr Salasi Musa of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), has been declared winner of the Chikun Local Government Chairmanship election in Kaduna state.
The Returning Officer, Dr Sanusi Gambo, announced the results of the election on Monday.
He said Salasi Musa of the PDP polled 19,402 votes to derail the re-election dream of the APC incumbent Samaila Leeman.
Leeman scored 14,829 votes.
The PDP also won eight of the 12 councillorship seats, and the ruling APC won four, Gambo indicated.
The Kaduna State Independent National Electoral Commission (KAD-SIECOM), had initially announced Sept. 4, for the election, but this was rescheduled for Saturday, Sept. 25, citing security reasons.
The PDP similarly won the Kajuru LGA chairmanship election.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Five Things You Should Know About Monkeypox
- 2023: Tinubu Is The Solution To Nigeria’s Challenges – Oluwo
- Amotekun Intercepts 168 Invaders With Charms Hiding Under Cows
- How Inmate Of Owerri Correctional Centre Has Spent 14 Years Awaiting Trial
- Ogbomoso Kidnappings, Killing: Oyo Residents Stage Peaceful Protest, Call For Govts Action
News4 days ago
Just In: Gunmen Kill Man, Daughter Few Hours After Wife Put To Bed In Osogbo
News4 days ago
The Man Tafa Balogun, How He Was Forced Out Of Police
News5 days ago
Bishop Olubadejo Charges Christians To Always Praise God, As Deacones Akintade Marks 60th Birthday
News3 days ago
Fear Grips Residents As Gunmen Invade Osun Community, Shoot At One