Mr Salasi Musa of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP), has been declared winner of the Chikun Local Government Chairmanship election in Kaduna state.
The Returning Officer, Dr Sanusi Gambo, announced the results of the election on Monday.
He said Salasi Musa of the PDP polled 19,402 votes to derail the re-election dream of the APC incumbent Samaila Leeman.
Leeman scored 14,829 votes.
The PDP also won eight of the 12 councillorship seats, and the ruling APC won four, Gambo indicated.
The Kaduna State Independent National Electoral Commission (KAD-SIECOM), had initially announced Sept. 4, for the election, but this was rescheduled for Saturday, Sept. 25, citing security reasons.
The PDP similarly won the Kajuru LGA chairmanship election.
- Osun: NSCDC Arrests Suspects Pretending To Be Herbalists To Defraud People
- Ondo Bye-election: PDP Urges Leaders To Unite, Support Candidate After Primaries
- Retirees In Osun Unite Under One Leadership To Fight Their Course
- Good Governance Key To Sustainable Development, Oyetola
- [RapAround] 2023 Elections: Why The Twists & Turns Is Dangerous
News3 days ago
Akinrun: Residents Raise Alarm Over Outing Of Dreaded Masquerade, Labikolo, Saying Outing Will Cause Unrest
News4 days ago
Famodun’s Outburst Confirms His Incompetence, Failure-Osun APC Faction
News4 days ago
Osun 2022: Ogunbiyi Has No Intention To Strike Deal With Ademola Adeleke – Campaign Office
News2 days ago
Babafemi Ojudu, Tested Loyalty And Self Overrated Stature By Adeboye Adebayo