Two police officers have lost their lives after some suspected hoodlums attacked the Omoba Police Station in Isiala-Ngwa South Local Government Area of Abia State.
According to reports, the hoodlums stormed the station on Tuesday morning at about 2:30 am.
It was gathered that the situation created panic in the area, as everyone including police officers are now working in fear.
SP Geoffrey Ogbonna, the Police Public Relations Officer in the State, when contacted confirmed the incident.
According to Ogbonna, some of the hoodlums were gunned down while others escaped with injuries.
In his words, “It was unfortunate that some hoodlums gained access to the station through the court close by and laid ambush on our officers early this morning.
“We lost two of our men during the incident and they burnt down the station using a petrol bomb.
“Many of them were gunned down while others escaped with severe injuries.”
- Transborder Drug Trafficker Arrested With ‘N1bn Worth Of Cocaine’ In Sokoto
- Abductions: Buhari Should Tell Nigerians If Criminals Have Taken Over – CAN
- Non-Career Ambassador: Osun Monarch, Olowu Eulogizes Buratai For His Patriotism
- 2020/21 Admissions: JAMB, Institutions Set June 15 Deadline
- Like Zamfara, Yobe Shuts All Boarding School
News5 days ago
Residents Cry For Help As Suspected Hoodlums Take Over Osogbo Streets, Shoot At Night
News3 days ago
Murder Convict, Rev King Gets 17 Pages Of ThisDay Birthday Advert While On Death Row
Politics5 days ago
Omisore’s Defection To APC Welcome Development – Osun APC Igbimo Agba
News3 days ago
BREAKING: Bandits Kill 35 In Fresh Attack On Zamfara Community