President Muhammadu Buhari has appointed new members into the board of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC).
While he appointed Mr George Abang as secretary of the board, Lukman Mohammed, Kola Adeshina and Mohammed Yahaya were appointed as board members.
The appointments are subjected to the ratification of the senate.
Buhari’s letter seeking confirmation of the nominees was read on the floor of the Senate by its president, Ahmad Lawan, at the commencement of plenary on Tuesday.
Buhari said their nominations were in accordance with the Act establishing the anti-graft agency.
He urged the Senate to confirm them in the “usual expeditious manner”.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Lagos Bans Okada In Four More LGAs
- Just In: Ogun Confirms 4 Monkeypox Cases
- LG Poll: Oyetola Won’t Allow Any Irritant To Dictate For Him, Famodun Tells PDP
- Subsidy Investigations: Our Statutory Role Is Tax Enforcement, Collection, Not Use Of Funds, FIRS Explains
- Just In: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking To Void Sen Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Election