Following the violent clash between the factions of the Ondo State chapter of the National Union of Road Transport Workers on Tuesday morning, the state government has announced the indefinite suspension of all activities of the union across the state.
The Senior Special Assistant to Governor Rotimi Akeredolu on Special Duties and Strategy, Dr Doyin Odebowale, also ordered the NURTW members to immediately vacate all motor parks across the state.
The government described the clash as unruly and uncultured behaviour of the union leaders which resulted in violent attacks on members and innocent citizens.
The government, however, said the indefinite suspension did not affect Road Transport Employers Association of Nigeria who comported themselves in a peaceful manner.
- Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
- Buhari Declares Tinubu As Next President Of Nigeria
- Yoruba Obas Fume Over Scarcity Of New Naira Notes, Fuel, Urge Buhari To Respond To Cries Of Nigerians
- Opposition Elements Want To Create Political Crisis With Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity, Says Tinubu
- Tinubu/Shettima 2023: Badmus Provides Free Medical Service To Osogbo Residents
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies