By Ayobami Agboola, Osogbo
A gang of armed robbers on Thursday raided two commercial banks in Iree, Boripe Local Government Area of Osun state, killing one Police and resident as well as carting away an undisclosed amount of cash in the process.
The affected banks are UBA, and Access Banks.
Sources said some customers who were transacting businesses in the banks when the incident happened took to their heel.
They were said to have later made their escape through Ada, a nearby community.
Among the two persons said to have been killed by the armed robbers were a officer of the Special constabulary Unit of The Nigeria Police Force.
Simply identified as Jelili Aladeokin, he passed out parade of the police unit as constabulary not up to six months, CityMirrorNews learnt.
CityMirrorNews further gathered that the deceased was the son of APC women leader, ward 10, Iree.
Among the residents who reportedly sustained gunshots are one Gbedu who was said to have been shot at leg.
CityMirrorNews further learnt that the injured were conveyed to the private hospital, for treatment while the corpses of the deceased have been evacuated.
Osun police spokesperson, SP Yemisi Opalola, confirmed the incident.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Lagos Bans Okada In Four More LGAs
- Just In: Ogun Confirms 4 Monkeypox Cases
- LG Poll: Oyetola Won’t Allow Any Irritant To Dictate For Him, Famodun Tells PDP
- Subsidy Investigations: Our Statutory Role Is Tax Enforcement, Collection, Not Use Of Funds, FIRS Explains
- Just In: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking To Void Sen Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Election