The ongoing #EndSARS protest has claimed the driver of Minister of State for Labour and Employment, Festus Keyamo.
The Minister broke the news on Thursday.
He said the driver, Yohanna Shankuk, was knocked down in Abuja on Wednesday by a vehicle that took one-way to avoid advancing protesters.
The late Shankuk was on his way to Keyamo’s private office before the incident took place.
The incident was said to have occurred at Berger Roundabout, Abuja.
The bereaved Minister tweeted: “I regret to announce that my driver, Mr. Yohanna Shankuk, died yesterday in Abuja as a result of the protests. A vehicle that saw advancing protesters at Berger roundabout, made a U-turn, took the one-way back and ran over him as he was making his way on foot to my private office.”
- UNIOSUN Teaching Hospital Issues Medical Advisory To Staff On COVID-19 Pandemic
- Another 14 Nigerians Die Of COVID-19, Infections Hit 114,691
- COVID-19: Again, Osun Govt Imposes Curfew, Orders Civil Servants To Work From Home
- Hon Mufutau Adegbite’s Performance In Ife South LG Good Example For Others Council Chairmen- Residents
- Ilesa West LG Leader Empowers Constituents In Appreciation Of Oyetola’s Giant Strides
News3 days ago
How Govt Officials Compelled Oluwo To Cancel My Installation As Otun Oluwo – Osun APC Scribe, Salinsile
News4 days ago
Hijab: MSSN Warns School Principals Against Causing Crisis In Osun
News5 days ago
Oluwo Celebrates 5th Coronation Anniversary, Says Iwo Has Witnessed Unprecedented Development
News3 days ago
LG Chairmanship: Osun APC Ward 13 Members Drum Support For Oris, State Reasons