Celebrities and organizers of the 2020 EndSARS protest have concluded plans to hold a memorial in the Lekki area of Lagos State on Thursday.
This is to commemorate the death of citizens, particularly youths who were allegedly massacred by the Nigerian army, at the Lekki Tollgate on Tuesday, October 20, 2020.
The planned memorial was disclosed in a flier shared by entertainer, Folarin Falana aka Falz the Bahd guy, on his Instagram page.
According to the flier, participants would walk and drive the tollgate where the Nigerian army allegedly opened fire on armless protesters who were demanding an end to police brutality.
Part of the banner read, “#EndSARS Memorial 2.0 procession. In memory of those who were killed on October 20, 2022 and those we have lost to police brutality, we will walk and drive through the toll gate, blast horns, sing and chat in unison through the toll gate, wave our flags.”
- Naira Scarcity: Zenith Bank Staffs Flee Through Fence Over Fear Of Being Mobbed (Video)
- Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity
- Just In: Buhari Meets Emefiele, Tambuwal, Others Over Scarcity Of Naira Notes
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ogun Over Scarcity Of Fuel, Naira Notes
- Poll: Obi In Ilorin, Promises To Make Kwara Nigeria’s Agric Hub
Opinion5 days ago
Ibikunle Amosun, An Unrepentant Deviant In His 60s, Heading Towards Political Armageddon By Olabode Ajibola
News3 days ago
Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
News2 days ago
Naira Re-design: Banks Not Hoarding New Naira Notes-ACAMB
News5 days ago
New Webometric Ranking: OAU Emerges 2ND