Deputy Senate Minority Leader, representing Taraba South on the platform of Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Emmanuel Bwacha, has said All Progressives Congress, APC, is only comforting itself by saying the mass defection of its members in the National Assembly will not affect APC’s chances in the 2019 general elections.
Bwacha, who spoke in Jalingo while fielding questions from journalists, explained that the recent development was a process of transformation, that was gradually altering the power of cohesion in both chambers.
He said: “In 2014, when members of PDP moved to APC, we said they are inconsequential, downgrading the leaders who are actually powerful individuals in their respective places.
“These leaving APC are leaders elected by people in their various places and cannot be written off. They (APC) are only saying this to comfort themselves, so others will not be demoralised.”
Bwacha said he has been receiving congratulatory messages from people addressing him as Deputy Majority Leader.
- Yoruba Monarch Commends Nigerian Army Over Fight Against Insurgents, Armed Banditry
- 19-Year-Old Boy Jailed In Osun For Stealing
- Ilerioluwa Development Initiative Boosts Agriculture In Osun, Distributes Cheques To Women In Agriculture
- Oyintiloye Football Club FC Emerges Third Best Football Club In Osun
- Omoworare Supports Buhari On Credible Elections, Condemns Pre-Electoral Violence In Atakumosa
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News5 days ago
Elections: Osun APC Raises Alarm On Threat To Peace, Calls On Security Agencies To Act Promptly
News4 days ago
Tribute To A Big Fighter And Crusader, Alhaja Wasilat Adunni Nee Aregbesola
News4 days ago
Breaking: INEC Finally Postpones Nigeria’s General Election To February 23
South West News3 days ago
Elections: Hoodlums Attack Osun Community, Iyaloja, APC Members, Injured