There was high level security presence in and out of the Imo State House of Assembly complex as Assembly members on Monday evening.
The development was sequel to an order of the state high court on Monday which restrained the lawmakers and the state chief Judge , Paschal Nnadi , of any further action on the impeachment proceedings against the embattled deputy governor until the matter was decided by the court .
Journalists and visitors were barred from accessing the legislative chambers as the lawmakers impeached Eze Madumere.
The impeachment motion was moved by majority leader , Lugard Osuji , who represents Owerri Municipal ; and seconded by Victor Onyewuchi , representing Owerri West LGA .
Nineteen other lawmakers supported the motion which ousted Madumere .
- Yoruba Monarch Commends Nigerian Army Over Fight Against Insurgents, Armed Banditry
- 19-Year-Old Boy Jailed In Osun For Stealing
- Ilerioluwa Development Initiative Boosts Agriculture In Osun, Distributes Cheques To Women In Agriculture
- Oyintiloye Football Club FC Emerges Third Best Football Club In Osun
- Omoworare Supports Buhari On Credible Elections, Condemns Pre-Electoral Violence In Atakumosa
Subscribe to CityMirrorNews via Email
South West News5 days ago
Elections: Osun APC Raises Alarm On Threat To Peace, Calls On Security Agencies To Act Promptly
News4 days ago
Tribute To A Big Fighter And Crusader, Alhaja Wasilat Adunni Nee Aregbesola
News4 days ago
Breaking: INEC Finally Postpones Nigeria’s General Election To February 23
South West News3 days ago
Elections: Hoodlums Attack Osun Community, Iyaloja, APC Members, Injured