The officers of the Department of State Security (DSS) have allegedly beaten a police officer attached to the Osun State police command, Corporal Fawale Rauf, to death.
According to report, the deceased who was serving at the Dada Estate Police Station, Osogbo until his death said to have a quarrel with the DSS officials who invited him to a joint in the town, last week Thursday, where he was beaten to a coma before being hospitalised at the Osun State Teaching Hospital, Osogbo for medical attention.
Sources disclosed to our correspondent that, during the beating, objects like rods and sticks were used on him by the beaters who left him unattended to after the beating.
Our correspondent gathered that the police officer gave up the ghost on Sunday afternoon at the hospital where he was being treated.
When contacted, the Police Public Relations Officer, Mrs Yemisi Opalola, confirmed the story but declined further comments on the matter.
- Just In: Customs Busts Pangolin Scales Exporters In Lagos, 3 Suspects Arrested
- Osun House Of Assembly Sets To Pass Grazing Bill Into Law, Itemizes Benefits
- As Floods Ravage Osogbo, PDP Accuses Osun Govt Of Neglecting Critical Infrastructure
- Ward Congress: Osun APC Appreciates Members
- Floods Dislodge Residents, Wreak Havoc In Osogbo
South West News3 days ago
Imesi-Ile History Book launched In Osogbo, Author Says It Took 45 Years To Finish
Entertainment5 days ago
Just In: Nollywood Actress Racheal Oniga Is Dead
News2 days ago
Lagos Socialite Laide Oropo Is Dead
News3 days ago
Hijrah Year 1443 Celebration: Osun Muslim Community Urges FG To Redouble Effort In Tackling Insecurity