News
Gunmen Reportedly Kidnap Ebonyi Government House Photographer
The Ebonyi State Government House Photographer, Uchenna Nwube, has been reportedly kidnapped by gunmen suspected to be Fulani herdsmen along Okigwe-Enugu Federal Road.
The news of his abduction broke when Nwube reportedly called some journalists to inform them that he had been abducted at about 7 pm on Wednesday.
“I was kidnapped today, June 8 while returning to Abakaliki from Aba and I had some people in my car.
“Right now, they (kidnappers) are demanding N50 million as ransom, which I do not know how and when I can get such money. Please, I need help,” he had told one of the journalists as reported by PM News.
When contacted, the spokesman for the Ebonyi Police Command, SP Chris Anyanwu, advised the victim to be calm.
“The area the incident occurred is not within our jurisdiction in Ebonyi. That place is between Imo and Abia,” Anyanwu disclosed.
When contacted the Abia State Police Public Relations Officer, SP Geoffrey Ogbonna on Thursday morning, he said the command did not have any record of the incident.
He said, “Please, we don’t have such information. Tell them to go and report the incident at the nearest police station where the incident happened and we can take it from.”
SAHARAREPORTERS
-
News3 days agoOsogbo Living Spring Lions Club Urges Govt To Intensify Eye Health Awareness, Sponsors Cataract Surgeries In Osun
-
News5 days agoEmbrace Education As Tool For Character Formation Rather Than Mere Certification- Prof Ali Charges Universities
-
News5 days agoFADOJOE Celebrates NRM National Chairman, Chinedu Obi, on 61st Birthday
-
News4 days agoOsun 2026: ADC Candidate, Salaam Calls For Credible Election, Assures Agricultural, Infrastructure Devt
