There is pandemonium as gunmen invaded schools in Onitsha and some parts of the Idemili area of Anambra State, chasing students out of the classrooms.
The gunmen were said to also invade markets and public places to chase people away.
It was gathered that the gunmen claimed that people should go home saying today is “Biafra Day”.
Every May 30 is set aside yearly to celebrate Biafra Day but this year’s edition coincided with the Monday sit-at-home which was observed yesterday.
Already, there were fears among the people earlier in the day about whether to go out or not and some of the people who stepped out have started returning to their various houses.
It was also gathered that there are heavy shootings between security agencies and the gunmen in the Idemili area.
The police spokesman in the state, Tochukwu Ikenga, did not pick up his calls for confirmation as students and some traders have returned home.
- PDP Appoints Dogara As Campaign Council Member Days After Endorsing Atiku
- Man Electrocuted While Stealing High-Tension Wire
- Thugs Attack Labour Party Members In Osun
- Ensure Payment Of Backlog Of Salaries And Pensions – Rev’d Oluyamo Tells Gov Adeleke
- Former Speaker Bags Aluta News Young Politician Of The Year Award
News4 days ago
Igbajo Royal Families Hail Gov. Adeleke’s Suspension Of Famodun As Owa Of Igbajo
Entertainment3 days ago
19 Youths To Receive Award At 7th Osun Youth Ambassador Award On Sunday
News4 days ago
BREAKING: Gov Fintiri’s Convoy Involved In Fatal Crash, Four Die
Sports4 days ago
World Cup 2022: Nine Countries Eliminated From Tournament