Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu has ordered the immediate closure of private and public schools in Lagos state.
This, he ordered in a statement signed by Kayode Abayomi, Head, Public Affairs, Ministry of Education as tension escalates by the #EndSARS protests.
Commissioner for Education, Mrs Folasade Adefisayo, who issued the directive today, said the safety of the pupils/students, parents and all staff working in schools is paramount at this critical period.
She, however, advised parents to keep an eye on their wards and not allow them to be used as willing tools in the hands of those who might want to hijack the protests to unleash mayhem on the society.
The Commissioner also encouraged schools to utilize other means of distance teaching and learning i.e radio, television and online media as they have been doing during and post the recent COVID-19 lockdown.
According to Adefisayo, a new date of resumption for all classes will be announced as soon as possible.
- 5th Coronation Anniversary: Ogboru Of Akiriboto Congratulates Ooni
- Buhari Has Agreed To Address Reps Over Insecurity–Femi Gbajabiamila
- Let’s Surrender Ourselves To Youths Because They Own This Country, Ooni Admonishes As Ado Bayero Visits Ile-Ife
- We Are Still Committed To Prompt Payment Of Salaries, Says Osun Govt
- Xmas: Ankara Lanta Yardage Stores Begin Sales Of Fabrics, Bags, Purses At Affordable Prices In Ibadan
Crime3 days ago
2 Osun High Court Staff Arraigned For Stealing
News3 days ago
Osun: Village Head Docked Over Alleged Impersonation
News2 days ago
Boko Haram Leader Gives Reason For Massacre Of Rice Farmers
News2 days ago
13-year Old Award Winning Saxophonist, Sodeinde Goes Blind, Parents Cry For Help