Two children have been swept away in a flooded canal at Oyebanjo street in Ketu area of Lagos State.
It was gathered that the incident happened on Saturday evening.
The Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA) in a situation report on Sunday said a search operation was ongoing to find the missing children.
LASEMA’s Director-General and Chief Executive Officer, Dr Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, noted that it was discovered that the children were missing around 8:00 pm on Saturday.
“The agency received distress calls concerning the above. On arrival at the scene of the incident, it was discovered that, around 8:00 pm, two children had been caught up by floodwater.
“A joint team of responders comprising agency responders, LASG Fire Service and LASAMBUS was at the scene.
“The agency’s tiger team commenced a search and rescue operation along the path of the floodwater.
“Initial observations revealed a sloping topography with a direct channel of drain water into the canal. This has proven to be rather challenging to navigate. Rescue operation remains ongoing,” he said.
- BREAKING: Abductors Of Afaka Students Demand N500 Million Ransom — Parents
- Hunger, Hardship In ‘Evil Forests’ As Kidnappers, Bandits Demand Foodstuffs As Ransom
- Just In: JUSUN Sets April 19 For Nationwide Peaceful Protest
- Governors, Speakers, Buhari’s Chief Of Staff Meet Over Judiciary Workers’ Strike
- Zamfara Police Arrest Seven Serving Military Officers Involved In Banditry
News4 days ago
Full Lists Of PDP South-West Newly Elected Officers
News5 days ago
PDP Southwest Congress: 10 Suspected Hoodlums Arrested With Guns, Charms In Osogbo
News3 days ago
Opinion Poll: Cape Verde Residents Demand Release Of Venezuelan Diplomat, Alex Saab
News4 days ago
Gunmen Kidnap Soldier, Teacher, Dental Therapist In Ibadan