About 150 households have been displaced by flood in Anguwan Rogo, Rikkos, Bauchi Road and Naraguta communities of Jos North Local Government Area of Plateau, following heavy downpours on Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
Tanko Yakubu Alhassan a resident of Bauchi Road said that though no life was lost, the flood destroyed properties and washed away valuables.
“The flood didn’t claim lives, but because it was huge, it displaced over 150 households These households have lost all their properties and are left with nothing,” he said.
He added that the displaced persons are currently staying with neighbours or friends and relatives.
He appealed to the government not to come to the rescue of the affected communities.
Salamatu Aliyu a victim of the downpour said, “The flood took us by surprise. We never expected it, The heavy rain has destroyed my house and that of my neighbour as well as several other homes in Anguwan Rogo. We are calling on the government and other spirited individuals to come to our rescue”. She said.
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
- Man Kills Girlfriend, Posts Picture Of Body As Whatsapp Status
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment