By Stephen Adeleye, Lokoja
The Kogi State Ministry of Education, Science and Technology, has declared Friday Nov. 15, as public holiday for all schools in the state.
A statement signed by the Permanent Secretary of the ministry, Mr Eric Aina, directed all public and private schools to proceed on holiday from Nov. 15, 2019, towards the Nov. 16 elections in the state.
According to Aina, the break was to ensure that all students and pupils are united with their families during the election.
He said that schools would resume academic activities on Monday Nov. 18, 2019.
“All parents, school heads, teachers and stakeholders in the education sector are enjoined to take note and observe the break accordingly,” he said.
News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that governorship election will hold across the state, while a rerun National Assembly election would hold at Kogi West senatorial districts same day on Saturday Nov. 16.
- AbdulRazaq Swears In New Perm Secs, Harps On Prudence, Team Work
- Protest As 26-Year-Old Man Dies From Broken Bottles Mounted By Policeman In Ogun
- Just In: Ortom Escapes, As Wife, SSG, HoS, Hit By Coronavirus
- Police Arrest Ebonyi NUJ Chairman, Tony Nwizi
- Kaduna Pastor Joseph Alhassan Arrested For Allegedly Raping Minor 5 Years
Crime3 days ago
Man, 45, Sentenced To 30 Days Imprisonment For Not Wearing Facemask In Osun
South West News3 days ago
Court Orders dethronement Of Osun Monarch
News24 hours ago
‘I’ll Name My Prince Adesoji Aderemi”, Ooni Ogunwusi Vows As Family Celebrates 49th Ooni
News4 days ago
Osun SSG, Ten Others Test Positive For Covid-19