A student identified as Rotgak Audu has been sentenced to 16 months imprisonment by an Upper Area Court sitting in Kasuwan Nama, Jos, on Thursday for stealing an iPhone, T-shirts, and two jerseys.
Earlier, the prosecution counsel, Sgt Daniel Longwal, told the court that the case was reported at Anglo, Jos, Police Station, on Oct. 18 by the complainant, Longji David.
The prosecutor further told the court that during the investigation, the convict pleaded guilty to the crime.
He added that the two t-shirts and jerseys were recovered from the convict but the iPhone and the N1,000 were not.
Longwal added that the offence contravened the provisions of sections 333 and 273 of the Plateau Penal Code, Law of Northern Nigeria.
The presiding judge, Mr Lawal Suleiman, sentenced Audu after he pleaded guilty to criminal trespass and theft and begged for leniency.
The judge, however, gave the convict an option to pay a fine of N10, 000.
He also ordered the convict to pay N22, 000 in compensation to the complainant, NAN reports.
Dillivry [Advert Banner]
- Lagos Bans Okada In Four More LGAs
- Just In: Ogun Confirms 4 Monkeypox Cases
- LG Poll: Oyetola Won’t Allow Any Irritant To Dictate For Him, Famodun Tells PDP
- Subsidy Investigations: Our Statutory Role Is Tax Enforcement, Collection, Not Use Of Funds, FIRS Explains
- Just In: Court Strikes Out Suit Seeking To Void Sen Adeleke’s Nomination For Osun Guber Election