Nigerian-born Spanish forward Vicky Lopez has been named the best player at the 2022 FIFA U-17 Women’s World Cup in India.
Lopez, who plays for Barcelona B side, was born in Madrid to a Spanish father and a Nigerian mother.
The 16-year-old stood out as Spain successfully defended their crown courtesy of a 1-0 win against Colombia in Mumbai on Sunday.
Lopez was presented with the award by FIFA’s Technical Study Group after the final fixture.
“Vicky impressed in every match with her ability to read the game, as well as her technical quality, dribbling and winning mentality, “reads a statement on FIFA’s website.
“From the first match to the last, she showed that she is not only an outstanding individual player but also one willing to fight for her team.” Dailypost
- Osun: Fuel Scarcity: Don’t Impede Free Flow Of Traffic With Double Queues, Petrol Stations/Motorists Warned
- Northern Group Faults Atiku For Backing Naira Redesign, Says Move Not Favour Common People
- Reasons For Recurring Train Attacks — Investigation
- Jealous Brother Shoots Sister’s Lover In Ogun
- People’s Welfare, My Top Priority-Adeleke
Crime4 days ago
Pastor Shares Own Obituary On Whatsapp To Avoid Paying Member ₦3m Debt
Foreign News4 days ago
Just In: Missing Radioactive Capsule Found In Australia
News4 days ago
2023 Election: Elements In Presidential Villa Working Against Tinubu – El-Rufai
News4 days ago
Tinubu Speaks Of Return Of Economic Prosperity At Calabar, Awka Campaign Rallies