The world football body, FIFA, has banned England striker, Harry Kane, from wearing the ‘OneLove’ armband during the ongoing World Cup in Qatar.
Kane has been threatened by FIFA that he would receive an instant yellow card if he walks onto the pitch wearing the armband in their opening match against Iran on Monday afternoon (today).
FIFA has strict rules about apparel that can be worn by players and the armband is not allowed under the code.
The armband is designed to show solidarity with minority groups that are criminalised in the host nation.
The Daily Mail UK reports that if Kane wears the armband a second time in their next match, the skipper could be slapped with another yellow card, automatically banning him from the third game.
- Naira Scarcity: Zenith Bank Staffs Flee Through Fence Over Fear Of Being Mobbed (Video)
- Tinubu Appeals To Nigerians For Calm Over Fuel, New Naira Notes Scarcity
- Just In: Buhari Meets Emefiele, Tambuwal, Others Over Scarcity Of Naira Notes
- Just In: Protest Rocks Ogun Over Scarcity Of Fuel, Naira Notes
- Poll: Obi In Ilorin, Promises To Make Kwara Nigeria’s Agric Hub
Opinion5 days ago
Ibikunle Amosun, An Unrepentant Deviant In His 60s, Heading Towards Political Armageddon By Olabode Ajibola
News3 days ago
Osun: APC Chieftain, Asler Distributes Free JAMB, WAEC Forms To Over 550 Indigent Students In Ejigbo
News2 days ago
Naira Re-design: Banks Not Hoarding New Naira Notes-ACAMB
News5 days ago
2023: JDPMC Inaugurates Rapid Response Team To Swiftly Respond To Reported Cases Of Gender Based Violence