The Akarigbo of Remo Land, in Ogun State, Oba Babatunde Ajayi, has called on Nigerians and indigenes of Remo Land to join him in fervent prayers for the success of Anthony Joshua against Oleksandr Usyk on September 25.
Oba Babatunde made the call in a good luck message he sent to Anthony Joshua, a Remo indigene on Thursday.
The monarch noted that it is not a mean feat for anyone to chest out and represent his country.
He stated that it is a huge challenge for Anthony Joshua and his victory would be a great pride for all Nigerians.
Akarigbo prayed in his message that Anthony Joshua would come out triumphant against Usyk.
He noted that “Indubitably, the stake is really high for us all. Therefore moments like this call for every support we can render our own and most importantly since we can not all be at the ringside to cheer up Anthony Joshua, please let us support him in fervent prayer, and by God’s grace, we shall together celebrate another Anthony Joshua’s victory on the 25th September 2021.”
Anthony Joshua would defend his WBA (Super), IBF, WBO, and IBO heavyweight titles against former undisputed cruiserweight champion Oleksandr Usyk at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium in London.
- Riot Broke Out In Osogbo As Police Allegedly Kill Passerby
- Opinion: “No Economy In Osun State, under Governor Oyetola” – Former Deputy Speaker Lasun Yusuf
- Osun APC Fires Back At Lasun Yussuf Over Comments On 2018 Guber Poll, Says He’s An Attention Seeker
- How Ovie Omo-Agege Was Sent To Rig Me Out Of Osun Guber Race In 2018 – Lasun Yusuff
- APC Didn’t Win 2018 Guber Election In Osun – Lasun Yussuf Alleges, Says Nobody Can Stop His 2022 Gov Ambition
News4 days ago
Olufon Stool: Why Odunolu Ruling House Cannot Produce The New King – Oluyeyin Ruling House
News4 days ago
Tragedy As FEDPOFFA Lecturer Slumps, Dies
News3 days ago
Akure North/South By-Election: Group Seeks Support For Adesida’s Reps Ambition
Opinion4 days ago
Tribute To Mr Ayatu Momoh