Tension As Abuja Pastor Brings AK 47 To Altar
The presiding pastor of the Abuja chapter of the House on the Rock, Pastor Uche Aigbe, on Sunday, mounted the pulpit carrying an AK-47.
The incident took place during the second service, which frequently has a high turnout of the congregation who comes from different parts of the Federal Capital Territory.
Brandishing the gun, the pastor picked his way to the altar as many members of his congregation exchanged glances trying to understand what was happening.
An unflinching Aigbe walked up to the lectern, aware of the tension his action had created, without looking at his worshippers.
But as he made attempt to open his Bible, the preacher looked up and said teasingly, “Some people are looking for my trouble. And I came here prepared.
“Today, there are some pastors with gift of divination who go about ripping people. This is why we should carry our ‘guns’ and defend ourselves. I will particularly be coming very soon for some of you sleeping in the church.”
His response threw the entire gathering into a fit of laughter as he continued preaching on “Guarding your hearts from false teachers” and “faith without work is dead.”
It was, however, not known if the gun he brandished was loaded or not.
- Jubilation In Osun Over Appeal Court Judgment
- CBN Instructs Banks To Open Weekends
- Just In: 10 Political Parties Reject Governorship Election Result In Ogun
- [Update]Osun Guber: Appeal Court Slams Oyetola, APC With N500,000 Cost As Adeleke Wins
- Breaking: Appeal Court Affirms Adeleke Winner of Osun Governorship Election