Thugs Attack Atiku’s Supporters At Campaign Rally In Kaduna
Suspected political thugs have attacked supporters of the presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, Atiku Abubakar at the ongoing campaign rally in Kaduna State.
The former vice president confirmed this in a post on his verified social media handles on Monday.
This is coming a few days after thugs attacked supporters of the party in Zamfara State leading to the death of at least one person, while several others were injured.
Atiku in the post, called on President Muhammadu Buhari to call supporters of all political parties to order in a bid to tackle reoccurrence of such incident.
He wrote, “I have just received emergency reports of attacks on PDP supporters by thugs sponsored to scuttle the ongoing PDP campaign rally in Kaduna State. This is undemocratic and against the Peace Accord all parties signed up for just a few weeks ago.
“I urge President Muhammadu Buhari to call on all parties to call their supporters and members to order and to ensure that campaigns, just as with the elections themselves, are kept free, fair and safe”.
Casualties recorded during the attack could not be ascertained as of the time of filing this report.
- Fracas: Kwara Govt Announces Temporary Closure Of Mandate Market
- Nkechi Blessing, Kunle Afod, Others Mourn Death Of Colleague Gbemisola Anjola
- Man Arrested For Impregnating 19-Year-Old Daughter
- JUST IN: Sanwo-Olu Orders N5m Payment To Driver Assaulted During #EndSARS Memorial
- Appeal Court Judgement Aligns With The Wishes Of Osun people- Philanthropist