News
Lagos Govt Debunks Report Of Sanwo-Olu’s Alleged Resignation
The Lagos State Government has debunked a report alleging that Governor Babajide Sanwo-Olu had been asked to resign on health grounds, describing the claim as false.
The report, published on Monday by Sahara Reporters, claimed that the governor had been ordered to step down on health grounds, with his deputy set to take over.
Reacting, the governor’s Special Adviser on Media and Publicity, Gboyega Akosile, in a statement issued on Monday, said the report was “false in its entirety,” insisting that the governor remains in good health and is actively performing his duties.
According to the statement, no one had asked the governor to resign, adding that the report was another instance of misinformation.
The state government further explained that the governor had earlier received the Deputy Governor, Dr Kadri Obafemi Hamzat, on a courtesy visit during which Hamzat formally notified him of his intention to contest for governor, noting that the meeting was cordial.
“We advise the public to disregard the report and treat it as fake news,” the statement said.
The state government added that the clarification became necessary to reassure residents and prevent the spread of false information.
-
News5 days agoOsun: University Of Ilesa Gets Fully Furnished Moot Court Facility
-
News4 days agoEmbrace Education As Tool For Character Formation Rather Than Mere Certification- Prof Ali Charges Universities
-
News3 days agoOsogbo Living Spring Lions Club Urges Govt To Intensify Eye Health Awareness, Sponsors Cataract Surgeries In Osun
-
News4 days agoFADOJOE Celebrates NRM National Chairman, Chinedu Obi, on 61st Birthday
