Governor Ademola Adeleke has cancelled celebration of independence day earlier slated for Sunday October first.
In a statement issued by his spokesperson, Mallam Olawale Rasheed, the Governor urged Osun people to pray for the continious peace and prosperity of Nigeria.
“Let us use the Independence Day to meditate and pray on the state of our nation. Our people are passing through tough times. It is time to take stock and seek divine intervention and guidance in the affairs of our nation.
“I greet Osun people and Nigerians in general as the Independence day knocks at our doors. Here in Osun, we will celebrate with meditation and prayers”, the Governor was quoted as saying.
- Burkina, Niger To Quit G5 Anti-Jihadist Force
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
- Why Tinubu Is Under Pressure To Legalize Homosexuality In Nigeria
- Lassa Fever: Traders Importing Live Rats From Kano, Kaduna, Bauchi — Benue Govt Raises alarm
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment