The African Action Congress, AAC, Omoyele Sowore said was disappointed that the President-elect, Bola Tinubu did not participate in the 2023 Abuja Marathon.
Sowore stated this while addressing journalists in Abuja on Saturday.
He also expressed disappointment over the absence of the Minister of Federal Capital Territory, FCT, Mohammed Bello, at the race.
The rights activist was one of the participants in the maiden edition of the Abuja International Marathon.
He said: “This is the first Abuja marathon, I participated and I ran longer than I expected. I expected that the Minister of FCT would be here.
“I was even expecting Tinubu to be here, but apparently, I am the only presidential candidate standing after the election.
“I ran with kids, great kids. I am of the opinion that we are wasting a lot of talents in this country.”
According to Sowore, sports was an important tool towards uniting Nigerians and generating employment for the youths.
- Kaduna Governorship Tribunal To Deliver Judgment Via Zoom, Dismisses Uba Sani’s Motion
- Hyacinth Alia: Laying Foundation For Bountiful Harvest In Benue By Bridget Ikyado
- 2024 Rankings : Top 15 Best Universities In Nigeria Emerges , See Lists
- Burkina Faso Detains Four Officers After Thwarted Coup
- Insecurity: Osun NSCDC Charges Officers On Proactive, Efficient Leadership