Security was tight at the Governorship Election Petition Tribunal in Kaduna on Thursday, as the three-man panel, led by Justice Victor Oviawe, prepared to deliver judgement via zoom.
Meanwhile , the Election Petition Tribunal had dismissed preliminary objection filed by Uba Sani on the timeliness of the petition filed by the Peoples Democratic Party, PDP, and its candidate, Isah Ashiru.
Uba Sani had, through his legal team, argued that the petition was filed outside the 21 days allowed by law. But the Tribunal affirmed that the petition was filed on April 10, 2023.
Before the Tribunal went on recess at about 1p.m. to reconvene later in the day, the three-man panel led by Justice Victor Oviawe had dismissed Governor Sani’s petition.
The governor is the second respondent.
The Tribunal was deciding on another petition filed by the defendants, which asked the court to dismiss the PDP and Ashiru’s petition for abandoning their petition.
Security was tight at the court premises and members of PDP and the ruling All Progressives Congress, APC, were seen discussing in groups.
More to follow……
- Three Killed Several Wounded As Explosion Rocks Catholic Mass
- Imo Guber Election : NNPP Candidate Heads To Court, Vows To Reclaim Mandate
- Burkina, Niger To Quit G5 Anti-Jihadist Force
- Nigerian UK-Based Nurse Reportedly Sacked, Deported For Praying For Patient
- Inisa Mosque: Stop Fighting For Leadership Position, It’s Not Anybody’s Property- Islamic Cleric, Shehik Alawe Warns Warring Religious Members
Crime2 days ago
I Never Regret My Action As Member Of Buccaneer Confraternity- Fresh Graduate Arrested For Disrupting Campus
News4 days ago
Royal Houses Warn Osun Govt Against Imposition Of New Monarch
South West News3 days ago
Eripa First Baptist Church Honours 14 Elders For Their Service, Contribution To Evangelism
News1 day ago
BUA Chairman, Rabiu Rejects APC Appointment